GMI Solar offers reliable lifetime energy solutions
Roof Mounted Solar System
A roof mounted system integrates solar panels into the structure of the roof. GMI does NOT recommend roof mounted solar.
Reasons for NOT using a roof mounted system!
- Panels lose efficiency due to heat generated from the sun on the roof.
- Significant production lost because roof mounted solar cannot track the sun.
- Panels lose production in winter months due to snow cover.
- A roof should be a roof not a stage for electrical carrying devices, ask the fire department.
- Future service with a single panel is very difficult, all panels are assembled close together requiring lifting multiple panels, you cannot walk on them to get to the one in the middle requiring service.
- 25 years later the roof will require new shingles, and very likely, a majority of the roof plywood and the rafters will need to be replaced due to temperature differential between the steel fasteners and wood producing condensation, slowly rotting the timbers.
- Cannot make your home Net Zero!